There will be no distribution on Wednesday, July 4th
We’re committed to providing the healthiest food possible for you to select when you come to the Food Pantry. We focus on procuring nutrient-dense and protein-rich foods—foods that nourish and sustain.
Shopping at Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry means you’ll go home with 50 pounds of fresh produce, eggs, meat, whole grains, and quality canned and dry goods. We also provide assistance in connecting with SNAP and other benefits to help stabilize families and make food security more permanent.
Nutrition Education presentations are available at each distribution. Click here for a schedule of topics and recipes.
Households may visit the Food Pantry once a month (calendar month) and must:
- Show a photo ID (driver's liccense, State ID, school ID, work ID...)
- Reside in our Service Area
- See bottom of page for map of included zip codes.
- We require proof of residence in our service area, if your Photo ID does not have proof of address, you must bring a current utility bill, mortgage, lease, letter from landlord, or voter registration card.
- Meet Annual Income Guidelines as set by the Illinois Emergency Food Assistance Program:
- Family of 1: $1799 or less /month gross
- Family of 2: $2425 or less /month gross
- Family of 3: $3051 or less /month gross
- Family of 4: $3677 or less /month gross
- Family of 5: $4303 or less /month gross
- Family of 6: $4929 or less /month gross
- Family of 7: $5555 or less /month gross
- Family of 8: $6181 or less/month gross
- For each additional household member over 8, add $625
If you don’t reside in our service area, contact the Greater Chicago Food Depository to find assistance programs in your community. For immediate help, contact 773-247-FOOD (3663).
- You will receive a number when entering the Food Pantry that determines the order that you will receive food. For the first few minutes, random numbers are assigned (number lottery). Being first in line does not guarantee you will receive food first.
- If you are coming with someone else, be sure to arrive after the number lottery so you can shop at the same time.
- Consider arriving 30-60 minutes after the start of the distribution. You’ll skip the biggest lines and we never run out of food.
- Bring reusable bags—you’ll get extra food or condiments if you do.
- If you’re walking, we recomend bringing something with wheels to make transport easier.
- Pay attention to parking restrictions on the street.
- Consider bringing a book, magazine or something to do while you wait to shop. During busy times, you may have to wait more than an hour to shop.
Homebound individuals (recipient) may be served by Proxy; a person (delivery person) may pick up food on behalf of the recipient.
- The Proxy Form must be signed by the Recipient, Delivery Person and Food Pantry Associate.
- Delivery Person must have a copy of Recipients ID (photo on phone is OK).
- Delivery Person must have their ID.