Local grocery stores and retailers can help eliminate food waste by donating products that are nearing their expiration date, or those with minor cosmetic blemishes.
Logistics for managing food rescues are tailored to meet the needs of each retailer, and Food Pantry staff hold food safety handling certificates. Both state and federal ‘Good Samaritan’ laws protect both the donor retailers and the receiving agency from liability.
To join our Food Rescue program, contact Ricardo Garcia, Pantry Manager (708) 386-1324 ext. 1114.
Thanks to our current rescue partners:
- Angelo Caputo's Fresh Market, Elmwood Park
- Costco, North Riverside
- Fresh Thyme, River Forest
- Fruitful Yield, Elmwood Park
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Jewel-Osco, Oak Park
- Jewel-Osco, River Forest
- Jimmy John's, Oak Park
- Oak Park Bakery
- Oak Park Farmer's Market
- Panera Bakery, River Forest
- Pete's Fresh Produce, Oak Park
- Prairie Bread Kitchen
- Sugar Beet Food Co-op
- Target, Oak Park
- Trader Joe's, Oak Park
- Whole Foods Market, River Forest