CAN DO Community Challenge
CAN DO Community Challenge is a local hunger relief campaign sponsored by Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry. It is designed to heighten awareness about local food insecurity and encourages schools, organizations, and individuals to become more involved with the Food Pantry.
Traditionally, food pantry donations are at their lowest during the Spring. By supporting the CAN DO Community Challenge, your donation of food, money and/or time will help support the 1,400 families who rely on Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry every month for food.
If we reach our goal of $100,000, we will receive a $25,000 match thanks to the Challenge Corp, a group of local philanthropists.
Each year local schools compete to see who can raise the most points by the end of April. Points are based on dollars, food donations, and volunteer hours. You can support your local school this April in a variety of ways:
- Designate your volunteer hours OR sign up to volunteer for The Good Life Race (notify us in the comment which school you will be supporting)
- Make a donation. Each school will have a page; you can make a donation straight to their team site.
- Make a Non-Perishable Food Donation (list of suggested items).
CAN DO Community Challenge Resources
- Important Information For Schools
- CAN DO Community Challenge Flyer
- How to Create a Fundraising Team
- Can Do Community Challenge Logo can be provided upon request