It's the start of a new fiscal year! How is this relevant to you? Well, it's really not, unless you or someone you know receive food via Proxy. For the new year, we have a new Proxy form. When filling these out, please be sure to fill out all information in legible hand writing. If you have any questions, please ask a Food Pantry staff member at distribution.
Have a happy 4th of July!
-- Libby Stoffel, Data & Communication Coordinator
1st Wednesday: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
2nd, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday: 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to Noon
Guests to OPRF Food Pantry may receive food ONCE per calendar month.
You must present a photo ID and proof of address in one of the following zip codes: 60130 - 60131 - 60141 - 60171 - 60176 - 60301 - 60302 - 60304 - 60305 - 60402 - 60644 - 60651 - 60707
July's theme will be fruits & vegetables. With summer comes plenty of seasonal (read: on sale) produce. Find out what you can do with this seasonal produce and the importance of eating enough of it.
NEED HELP CONNECTING TO BENEFITS?
The Pantry's on-site Benefits Coordinator, Pleshette (that's her in the picture) is here to help! She can pre-screen you for eligibility, help walk you through the application, and assist with follow-up.
To schedule an appointment call Pleshette, (708)386-1324 ext. 1106.
WANT TO KNOW THE LATEST ON SNAP?
Check out our Benefits Services Newsletter, prepared by Pleshette.
FOOD PANTRY REMINDERS
- Kids 6 to 59 Months Get FREE Vitamins! Kids 6 to 59 months (4 years, 11 months) can receive free vitamins at distribution every 6 months.
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag) Bring reusable bags with you to distribution. Not only will they make carrying food easier, but you'll receive bonus items for bringing them.
- We've Got Diapers! Diapers and adult incontinence supplies are available. Ask a staff member for more information.
(click green link for additional info)
- Access from AT&T | low-cost home internet to qualifying families
- Greater Chicago Food Depository | 773.247.3663
- Housing Forward/Prevail | 708.386.1946
- Museums for All | free/reduced price museum access with EBT card
- Rise & Shine IL | Listing of free summer meal sites
- Museum Adventure Pass | Check out museum passes with your public library card
- Cooking Matters | Healthy, affordable (and tasty) recipes
- Budget Bytes | Affordable, easy (and tasty) recipes
- FREE Dental Exam for Children 5 & Under | August 5th, 8am to 2pm
- Meals for Seniors | Information for free & home-delivered meals for seniors
- Austin Career Connect | Free job training program
- Rent & Utility Assistance | Chicago Residents through La Casa Norte
- Help for young moms | New Moms
COMMUNITY & PANTRY EVENTS
August 5: FREE Dental Exam for Children 5 & Younger | 8 am to 2 pm
SHARE YOUR STORY!
We'd like to hear about YOU. About your experience with hunger and the Food Pantry. We use your response to advocate, fundraise, and demonstrate impact. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.