Social Services will be closed the week of April 15-20th. Social Services staff will only be available during food distribution Wednesday, 4/17 and Saturday, 4/20.
If you are in need of further assistance, please call Amanda, Social Services Coordinator, at 708-386-1324 x1106 to make an appointment.
The application process for many federal and state benefit programs can be complicated. Our Social Services program seeks to reduce the barriers to connecting to these public programs. By connecting people to income support benefits, we hope to set families up to achieve long-term food security.
Services are not limited by zip code unless otherwise noted.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – formerly ‘food stamps’
- Cash Assistance (TANF/AABD)
- Medicare savings
- Benefits Access
- RTA Ride Free Permit
- License Plate Sticker Discount
- Access to Care
- State ID Financial Assistance
- No driver's license renewals or duplicates
- LIMITED TO FOOD PANTRY SERVICE AREA
To set up an appointment with our Services Coordinator, contact Amanda Kuhn, (708) 386-1324 ext. 1106.
Documents needed for appointment:
- Current Illinois photo ID with current address (if ID address is not current, bring current lease, utility bill or governmental letter, if homeless, bring a verification letter from a shelter)
- Proof of income from all sources from past 30 days (Social Security, pay stubs, unemployment, etc.)
- Name, date of birth, social security number of all household members
- Children’s birth certificates
If applying for Access to Care:
- Proof of Income (past 2 pay stubs, Social Security Benefit Letter, US 1040, etc.)
- Proof of Address (ID, lease, utility bill, etc.)
- Proof of Identity (Birth Certificate, voter registration card, naturalized citizenship certificate, visa, birth certificate/ID from country of origin, etc.)
If applying for Benefit Access (Ride Free Permit/License Plate Discount):
- Current Illinois photo ID
- Proof of income from previous year (1040, 1099, etc.)
- Proof of disability, if disabled and under age 65 (Social Security Award Letter, VA Award Letter, Class 2 disability card, Attachment A Physician’s Statement)
If applying for State ID/Driver’s License Financial Assistance:
- First time State ID/ID is expired over 1 year - Proof of Written Signature, Proof of Date of Birth, Proof of Social Security Number, Proof of Residency
- Renewal/Duplicate ID – Proof of Written Signature
- Change of Address – Proof of Written Signature and Proof of Residency For a full list of acceptable documents from the Illinois Secretary of State, follow this link:
|Tuesdays||9:30 am to 4:00 pm|
|Wednesdays||9:30 am to 4:00 pm|
|Thursdays||9:30 am to 4:00 pm|
|Fridays||9:30 am to 4:00 pm|
|Saturdays||9:00 am to Noon|
|1st Wednesday||7:00 pm to 8:30 pm|
|All other Wednesdays||3:30 pm to 5:00 pm|